Assistant Program Director
2 Full-time staff positions
Apply by: 20 January 2010
Health Alliance International, an NGO in the public health sector, has opening for an Assistant Program Director ( and for Director of Operations) at its office in Maputo.
1) Aid the Program Director in the management of programs and funding, including financial and programmatic tracking of activities and budgets for submission to donor agencies
2) Prepare and/or revise English-language reports and documents for donor agencies
3) Facilitate strong coordination between funding agencies and HAI, through participation in meetings and coordination of visits with representatives of donor agencies, both in Maputo and in the provinces
4) Support the organizational roll out of expanded monitoring and evaluation activities
5) Support operational research projects within existing programs in coordination with program director
6) Assist with the vision of the organization, in coordination with the program director, country director, and Seattle HQ
7) Identify new funding opportunities and assist with the preparation of proposals relating to the vision of the organization
1) Masters in public health or health administration, with experience in International health non-profit organizations.
2) International non-profit experience in developing countries, for minimum 2 to 5 years
3) Grant monitoring in program activities.
4) Experience in preparing or assisting in preparing annual program plans and budgeting costs for programs.
5) Demonstrated experience in identifying new donors, and proposal writing and securing grants in excess of $2 million is desirable.
6) Ability to travel at least 30-40% of the time
7) Good knowledge of statistical software packages (Stata, SPSS)
8) Regular user of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.
9) English and Portuguese language fluency (spoken and written)
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. For info see: http://www.healthallianceinternational.org/