Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Our aim is to contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction. We always invest with partners, Norwegian or foreign, focussing on , direct investments and financial institutions. Our main areas of investment are in East and Southern Africa with offices located in Johannesburg and Nairobi.
Additionally we invest in selected countries in Asia and Central America with a regional office in Cost Rica. In 2010, we had a portfolio of about USD 1 billion and around 45 employees
We are strengthening our investment capacity in Africa and are looking to professional investment staff in the following position:
Agriculture Advisor Industrial Partnerships
2 years project employment with possibility for extension
Reports to: Investment Director for Agribusiness
Main Purposes of Job
- To source, evaluate, execute analysis, participate in follow up of new and existing agriculture deals and contribute to maximise returns and secure high developmental impact;
- To contribute to the departments for Industrial partnerships strategy for agribusiness
- Participate in other teams working with agriculture deals within Norfund as needed.
- Graduate at Master level in (agriculture or economics/ finance accounting);
- 10 years relevant business experience from operative management positions in agriculture or agriculture extension or research
- Be able to communicate fluently in English and preferably other languages such as Swahili, French or Portuguese; and
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite of programmes and, in particular, financial modelling in Excel.
Deals origination, management and exit
1) To develop contacts and potential sponsors within the agribusiness industry and respond to enquiries, attend seminars, etc according to a set of marketing targets and priorities agreed in advance with the HOD.
2) To support Project Managers on agriculture related subject in all phases of investments against agreed and in conjunction with the HOD as team member. In particular, to
a) evaluate investment proposals from potential clients for preliminary to support in the preparation of papers for the Investment Committee;
i) analyze and participate in writing agri-related investment cases for investment committee approval
ii) Participate in presenting and defending cases in the IC
b) analyze companies from a agriculturel perspective and support in building valuation models execute field work to support due diligence processes
c) support other investment staff with advise and training on agriculture-related subjects.
d) support in managing the of agriculture investments under his/her responsibility; to monitor investments, including completion of required reporting.
e) To support in the execution of annual follow up audits to investee companies.
Marketing and Policy
(1) To contribute to the overall marketing of Norfund as agreed with the HOD eg presenting road-shows, interviews with the media, etc.
(maximum of 5% of time over a year)
(1) To assist with the administration of the office, as agreed with the HOD (including preparation of corporate plans and budgets, completion of requests for information, compliance with NORFUND internal audit standards, etc).
(1) The Investment Advisor must sign and carry out his/her duties according to Norfund’s International Code of Conduct
(2) Extensive travelling in the region will be necessary.
(3) Job description can subject to be change when needed.
All positions are based in our Nairobi office (Riverside Drive, Westlands).
Your application should include an up-to-date CV highlighting relevant skills and experience, the names and contacts of three referees, current remuneration package and a daytime contact telephone number.
Please send it as soon as possible to:
P.O Box 6416, Nairobi GPO, 00100
Only shortlisted will be contacted