Apply By 16 May 2011
- Provide HIS technical assistance in system requirements, analysis, design, specifications, development, piloting/testing, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide expertise in data warehouse design and integration of health data sets.
- Development and dissemination of standards and guidelines.
- Developt and carry out training and capacity building activities to various levels of users.
- Supervise field-based specialists to ensure high quality workplan implementation.
- Ensure a high level of communication and close working relationships with the project team, project implementers, and other key stakeholders operating in the health informatics arena.
- Travel to the field to provide management oversight, capacity building and training, and technical assistance is expected regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in health informatics, computer science or public health.
- 10 years professional experience working in health information systems (health information strategy and policy, surveillance, epidemiology, survey methods). Developing country experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out,
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Job offers will be extended contingent upon available and approved funding.We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
- and/or use (e.g. HMIS, DHIS, EMR).
- Demonstrated experience in organizational capacity building and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with government and non-governmental entities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required and Portuguese desired.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Important Information: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information onthis program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs__
Responsável de Projecto de AgriculturaPosition Summary:CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for its Chief of Party (COP) of an anticipated agriculture-led economic growth and food security project in Angola.The COP is responsible for providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving results.The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the agricultural sector in Africa (Angola highly preferred) to increase local incomes and food security, improve agricultural-sector policy, increase agricultural productivity and improve marketing and trade in regional and international markets.He/she will act as the key liaison between USAID/Angola and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Angola officials involved with the program.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development, agriculture, economics or related field of study is highly desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced ICT skills especially as pertain to applications for agriculture and value chain development;
- Familiarity with agricultural production and market-linkage constraints in Africa (Southern Africa is highly preferred);
- Private sector agribusiness experience is highly desirable;
- Verbal and written fluency in English required;
- Portuguese language skills highly desirable;
Result One Team Leader - Saúde para AngolaManagement Sciences for Health | Apply By 25 May 2011
MSH is seeking candidates for an upcoming, results-oriented, five-year program in Angola that will improve the health of Angolans by increasing the availability and use of high quality services in key areas including family planning, malaria, and HIV & AIDS. Preference will be given to applicants with state-of-the-art expertise in international standards, technical expertise and experience implementing a complex program, and relevant experience in Angola. Position is subject to project award.
The Result One Technical Lead will sit at the central level in Luanda and will be responsible for leading and managing all Result One leadership, management, human resource, and health information system (HIS) strengthening activities at the municipal and provincial levels in Luanda and Huambo Provinces, as well as providing HIS technical support at the central level.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in Angola, in coordinating complex, preferably USAID-funded, projects, and state-of-the-art expertise in international standards. Has a proven track record in leadership, management, organizational development, human resources for health management capacity and systems, and health information management systems. The Result One Technical Lead must be skilled in leading teams, communicating and networking, and completing deliverables on time.
1. Masters Degree in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, health administration, demography, statistics, epidemiology, etc. Doctoral degree is preferred.
2. Eight years of proven leadership, management, organizational development, and human resources for health experience. Health information system strengthening expertise including central level coordination and systems integration and sub-national strengthening for quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information.
7. Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese preferred, fluency in Spanish also considered.
8. Willingness to locate in Luanda and to travel frequently within Angola required.