To act as the regionally based liaison person between the Producer Services and Relations Unit (PSR) and FLO certified producers, potential FLO producer partners, and Fairtrade stakeholders for Mozambique and Angola.
· Providing information, advice and training to producers to improve compliance with Fairtrade standards
· Providing information, advice and training to producers to improve their market opportunities and achieve
Fairtrade development impact.
· Providing information to FLO e.V. about producers in their sphere of activity.
- Seeking new Suppliers/Products/Origins
- Providing an introduction to producers to Fairtrade.
- Assessing Producer Groups as Businesses
- Support Work following Inspections
- Sourcing and liaising with local external support agencies
- Helping coordinate the Pricing Process.
- Provide information about local networks.
- Provide regular and consistent reports on targeted producer groups
- Represent PSR in local workshops/conferences as required and agreed.
University degree in agricultural, social, or economic science or development studies
At least three years of professional working experience
Experience in working with small-holder organizations at the grassroots level
Motivation to continue working at the grassroots level
Experience with Corporate Social Responsibility and certification systems
Good planning and organization as well as self-management skills
Good contacts with local NGOs and Government resources
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender balance
Team player: working with local and remote teams
Familiarity with local culture
Fluent English and Portuguese, and fluency in any languages relevant to the region of responsibility
Preparedness to frequent travels in the region
Terms of the contract:
Consultant contract for twelve month period renewable, starting early May 2010
Location of the post: Mozambique
There is currently no FLO e.V. representative office in Mozambique, the Liaison Officer will be required to setup his/her own office.
Applications (motivation letter, honorarium indication, curriculum vitae and two references)
should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
With the reference: LO Mozambique and Angola
Deadline for applications: 16th April 2010
Fair Trade Labelling Organizations International (FLO)
Bonner Talweg 177, D- 53129 Bonn, Germany
Tel. +49-228- 94.92.30, Fax: +49- 228- 242.17.13,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.fairtrade.net/
Contact person: The appropriate Regional Responsible Southern Africa at FLO e.V
Communication Lines: To Producer Services and Relations Unit (PSR)
Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International (FLO) unites the producer-, market- and business-facing activities within the Fairtrade Labelling system. FLO develops the Fairtrade Standards; promotes the
empowerment of Fairtrade-certified producers by supporting them in gaining and maintaining Fairtrade
Certification and capitalizing on market opportunities; and facilitates global Fairtrade markets, to optimise
benefits for producers.
The Producer services and Relations (PSR) department at FLO is responsible for ensuring that Fairtrade
Labelling delivers its agreed strategic objectives relating to improving the lives of disadvantaged and
marginalised producers by:
· Translating the agreed Fairtrade Labelling strategy into robust and properly resourced operational plans
(including clear objectives, outcomes and performance indicators) that enable development to happen
through Fairtrade and maximise development impact
· Shaping and delivering a range of services and support programmes (such as technical, market and
financial advice) that helps build the capacity of producers and assists them to enter and remain in
- Maintaining and seeking continual improvement in quality, transparency and accountability of all producer
· Identifying and developing opportunities for others to participate in the realisation of Fairtrade
development objectives – particularly southern based
· Improving understanding of the organisation’s impact, both internally and externally, through monitoring
and evaluation processes and feedback of such work into continual improvement programmes
PSR’s work is targeted in three regions: Latin America, Asia and Africa/Middle East
SEE also vancancies at FLO-CERT, Bonn, Germany, including Finance Director and in-house Auditor