- Master’s degree in international development, agriculture, economics or related field of study is highly desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced ICT skills especially as pertain to applications for agriculture and value chain development;
- Familiarity with agricultural production and market-linkage constraints in Africa (Southern Africa is highly preferred);
- Private sector agribusiness experience is highly desirable;
- Verbal and written fluency in English required;
- Portuguese language skills highly desirable
- VER http://www.devex.com/en/jobs/chief-of-party-angola-3;
segunda-feira, junho 27, 2011
Chefe de projecto de segurança alimentar, Angola
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for its Chief of Party (COP) of an anticipated agriculture-led economic growth and food security project in Angola.
The COP is responsible for providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving results.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the agricultural sector in Africa (Angola highly preferred) to increase local incomes and food security, improve agricultural-sector policy, increase agricultural productivity and improve marketing and trade in regional and international markets.
He/she will act as the key liaison between USAID/Angola and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Angola officials involved with the program.