Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Team Leader
Home Base of Applicant (D.C. or other location) with travel to Luanda, Angola
- Review of best practices of how countries monitor and evaluate performance of health sector strategies, with a focus for long-term National Public Health Plans.
- Prioritize and organize the approximately 420 PNDS indicators to allow for assessment of implementation at three levels – municipal, provincial and central – within existing MINSA data collection and analysis systems.
- Develop a practical plan for monitoring and evaluation the programmatic and financial execution of the PNDS. The plan will include detailed steps required for implementation.
- Facilitate collaboration between HFG and PNDS technical group on monitoring and evaluation.
- Draft a review of international best practices for monitoring performance of sectoral strategies, and present to MINSA officials.
- Develop a work plan for the overall program, working closely with other team members.
- Facilitate development of Key Performance indicators (KPIs) for PNDS.
- Define the scope for the review of MINSA public financial management systems.
- Lead the development of the M & E Plan for the implementation of the PNDS.
- Lead requirements for reporting information and briefings to USAID.
- Fluent Portuguese, written and verbal.
- 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, including developing key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated experience with developing monitoring and evaluation plans for national sector strategies, with preference for health.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong report writing skills in English and Portuguese
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally during the period of performance.