1. Finance & Contract Manager / Operations Manager
Abt Associates, Inc.
Mozambique | Mid-level
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide leadership and strategic direction for the entire project, resolve problems, and has overall responsibility and accountability to USAID for ensuring that the Abt project team provides high-quality technical products and services, delivers required results, and uses resources efficiently.
* Manages subcontractor staff, outputs, budgets, and technical work, and oversees all project operations including regional offices as well as those in Maputo.
* Represent the project to international donors, other USAID projects, and key stakeholders working in the private sector.
* Supervise the project¡¦s staff and coordinates with the HOPD/Project Quality Advisor from the home office in Bethesda, MD for decisions related to technical, management, resource allocation, and personnel issues.
* Oversee all management/administrative reports and monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with a Performance Monitoring Plan which monitors progress toward achieving the goals of the project
* Oversee all financial report activities, including submission of quarterly reports detailing fund categories and status for core and field activities.
* Works in coordination with the Project Quality Advisor from the home office to review all the financial and technical reports prior to delivery to the USAID Mission.
- Master Degree and 15+ years experience
- Experience in managing and implementing rural development programs in the agribusiness sector
- Proven project management capabilities in USAID projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (written and spoken)
Please send Current CV in English to MozambiqueAg@abtassoc.com. In Subject line please write Technical Advisor.
Abt Associates is a for-profit government and business research and consulting firm with approximately 1,400 employees in the US and over 30 other countries.